Thursday, June 15, 2023

Avery Island, Louisiana: Home of McIlhenny Tabasco Sauce (July 2019 Photos)

 As a quick follow-up to yesterday's review of McIlhenny's Gold, I thought some of you may be interested in a peek at the handful of photos I took there in July 2019 during a relatively brief visit to the island. I regret not having spent more time on the island so that I could see all of the island and not just the museum, company store, and bottling factory facilities there. I hope to rectify that sometime this summer while visiting relatives in that part of the state.

Tabasco Peppers on Display

Chili Mash Aging Casks


Huge Processing Vats

Almost Ready to Be Shipped

  
"Pepper Pickers 1903"


There's so much wildlife and other interesting sites on the island to see that I really regret now that the clock ran out on me when it did. I arrived too late in the day to see anything else. 

(A click on the photos should enlarge them.)

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I like those casks. I had to look up Avery Island on a map. What an interesting place and Tabasco mecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The history of that place and the operation fascinates me even though sometimes myth and reality start to blend a little too much together.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.