Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all

 Among other things, 


Partially because it usually seems to be less stressful to me than Christmas, Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday of the year. I love the way the holiday combines family, good food, and football all in one fun day. It's a time when I get to see some people I don't see often enough during the year, a day of telling stories from the past while remembering family members no longer with us, and a day to celebrate the large, combined family of friends and relatives we still have around us. 

And then, way at the end of the day, there's just nothing better than sitting down with one more "small" piece of pie and a really good book. 

I hope you all having a wonderful day, too. Remember to make the most of it...

8 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday! I love the good food, time spent with family and time to relax, watch a movie, and read a good book. I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful, Sam! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice day despite the uncomfortable weather conditions, Lark. Hope it was the same for you.

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving from across The Pond, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cath. It was a really good day. Now I need to eat lightly for a few days to make up for the one-day calorie overload. :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Sam! I love this holiday, too, and for the same reasons. The concept of getting together with loved ones to share a meal and count our blessings is just wholesome and uplifting. I didn't read much at all yesterday between cooking, cleaning, and entertaining, but I did have a FEW "small" pieces of pie! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those "small" pieces of pie seemed to be getting larger and larger here as the day went by. Didn't want to offend any of the cooks in the family. :-)

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.