Saturday, June 01, 2019

"Happiness is having your own library card!"


I witnessed something just like this happen in the parking lot of my local library Friday morning when a young mother handed her little girl a library card on the way into the building. The scene immediately made me think of this old Peanuts comic strip by the great cartoonist Charles M. Schulz.

I don't know if it was the very first time that little girl held her own library card in her hands or not, but the look on her face was the same combination of happiness and contentment shown here on Sally's face. I am positive that this mother has created another lifelong reader - and we can never have too many of those.

2 comments:

  1. Happiness is having a library card...AND a library with lots of books to check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does help. I'm blessed with one of the best county systems in the country.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.