Friday, June 07, 2019

Vintage Editions - When Jig Saw Puzzles and Books Collide


I don't think I've mentioned on the blog before, but building 1000-to-2000 piece jigsaw puzzles is something I really enjoy doing when I'm not in the mood for reading.  And every once in a while, the two hobbies even meet head on like they did with this particular puzzle from the White Mountain puzzle people.

This one was a whole lot of fun because I so clearly remember reading many of these "vintage" books in exactly these editions.  

(Unfortunately, I've had to put aside jigsaw puzzles for the moment because I have cataracts on both eyes that have started making it difficult for me to judge accurately the different color tones in these puzzles pieces- a problem that has literally doubled the length of time it takes me to build a puzzle, and even more importantly, the frustration level involved in building them.  But surgery is scheduled for June 26 and July 17, so I'm hoping that things are much better soon so that I can share a few more of my favorites here.)

Do click on the photo for a better look at the puzzle.

4 comments:

  1. My dad was a big puzzle builder, the bigger the better. He would have loved this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do like the book-related puzzles best, and I'm always looking for them when puzzle shopping. White Mountain seems to make more of them than anyone else. I've got some really neat ones I'll try to show here later.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the surgery. It would be horrible not to be able to participate in a hobby you love -- and you REALLY need your eyes working to be able to piece together those huge, detail-filled puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm looking forward to having both surgeries behind me - and highly improved vision as a result of them. It' a pretty frustrating situation right now.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.