Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Book Trailer of the Week: Sussanna Clarke's "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell



I admit to having been intimidated badly enough by the amount of time it would take me to read Sussanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell (it's almost 800 pages long) that I've never taken a very close look at the novel.  Even seeing it for months in every bookstore I went to never much tempted me to grab a copy.  But along comes a book trailer like this one from the BBC and suddenly I'm having second thoughts about so far having passed on it.

The seven-episode television adaptation of the novel is set to arrive on BBC 1 later this month...and, based on the trailer, it looks pretty spectacular.  I know of no plans, as of now, to broadcast the series in North America this year.  If someone hears something about that, please let me know; in the meantime, I may finally just have to tackle the book itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.