Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Thief Accidentally Steals a Carton of Books - How Embarrassing!

Common (and I use "common" here in every sense of the word) thieves don't have a whole lot of interest in stealing books.  Case in point from Pennsylvania's The Patriot - News:
A thief in Lancaster County apparently lost interest in the package they had stolen once they realized what it contained – books.
The thief removed a UPS package of books from the porch of a home along the 900 block of Simmontown Road in Salisbury Township just before 11:30 a.m. on May 19, state police said. 
The package was recovered a short distance down the road from the victim's home. All of the books were recovered and returned to the owner, police said.
All of us, by now, have probably trained ourselves (and even our children and grandchildren) to recognize that leaving some "goodie" exposed on the seats of a locked car is asking that the car's windows be smashed and the goodie stolen.  That's just a fact of life in the world we now live in.

But I never fear leaving a book, or a number of them, on the front seats of my car, exposed to all who may happen by, while I lock up and go about my business.  Never once has anyone stolen a book from my locked car...or, I dare say, from anyone else's car.

"Smash and Grab" thieves are just not smart enough to read a book.  Let's face it.  They steal for a reason: they are too stupid to do anything else with their lives.

So rest easy; your books are perfectly safe unless the whole darn car gets swiped.

Link to article on The Patriot-News

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.