Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Osama bin Laden Said to Be Writing Book




According to the Christian Science Monitor, the world's most famous murderer might be in the process of writing a book to be published in Arabic and English. Of course, this all comes from "unnamed Pakistani sources," whatever they might be worth.


Quoting from the Arab daily Al-Quds al-Arabi, the Italian news source says the book looks at “atrocities committed against Muslims by the West and how the Crusaders have harmed world development.” The book is also said to blame the United States for the current crisis in global finance and to offer new information about the 9-11 attacks on the US.
Well, now this could be interesting. As we have all seen in recent months, international book publishers and newspapers, as a group, have shown very little courage when it comes to publishing anything that might even remotely offend a certain "segment" of the Muslim world.

Knowing that Christian terrorists are unlikely to firebomb their places of business or murder their employees, will publishers like Random House line up to cash in on the potential profits of a bin Laden book? Will the big chain bookstores, such as Barnes and Noble, display the book in display racks near the store entrances so that everyone gets the opportunity to see the book for themselves? You know - just exactly opposite the way that they handled The Jewel of Medina.

3 comments:

  1. My guess is they'll handle it the same way they did OJ's book. Try to keep it quiet because of the complete distastefulness of the whole thing, and then say bad things about the customers who buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, I'm glad I didn't buy one of those trashy Simpson books, Annie.

    I did pick up a copy in one store and flipped through the pages. I went into the store restroom and washed my hands before I left, something I hope the store staff noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I just let loose one of the dirty secrets of booksellers. We see you... and we talk about you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.