Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Mick Herron's Sense of Humor

 

Mick Herron jacket photo

I'm nearing the end of Mick Herron's The Secret Hours and the book is fast approaching its climax. But Mick Herron being Mick Herron, suddenly out of nowhere come's this little zinger on the world we live in today - and it made me laugh out loud when I least expected it:

"De Vries is a well-connected man. Rich, party donor, friend of prime ministers. Meaning virtually untouchable, unless he did something stupid like disrespecting Trans people on Twitter."

Keep in mind that this bit occurred in the middle of a very serious and confrontational discussion between two key players in the story. This is exactly the kind of sense of humor that makes me laugh, and it's a big reason I read every Mick Herron book I can get my hands on.  

 Of course, I do concede the point that I might just have a very warped sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.