Monday, August 16, 2021

She Wants to Be a Transhuman (courtesy of the BBC)


 Just a year or two ago, this would have seemed as ludicrous as a lot of the things we now take for granted. This YouTube video is from a BBC television show set in the near future. It's a heart-to-heart talk between a young woman and her parents about what she intends to do as soon as she can afford to transform herself into a "transhuman." 


It's clever, maybe even funny, but who knows how far away something like this might really be. Nothing much surprises me anymore. Don't give up on the video...it's really well done, I think.

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of The Ship Who Sang, a science fiction novel about a space ship with a human brain. The video is well done...and curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...very well done. Now I wish I could watch the whole episode sometime.

      Delete
  2. At first I thought this was going to be something like Dennis Avner. No- makes me think of a Black Mirror episode. Disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's disturbing for sure, but not as farfetched as it used to be. I would not be surprised to find that a waiting list would develop if this kind of thing ever became possible. This world is not the one I find easy to recognize anymore.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Kind of spooky. I'm curious to learn how this story played out.

      Delete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.