Tuesday, October 08, 2019

The Night Fire - Michael Connelly (Three Covers for Three Markets)


The twenty-third Harry Bosch novel will be hitting the bookstores on October 22 and I can't wait. But since this is also the second teaming-up of Bosch and his new partner Renée Ballard, Ballard fans might instead be calling The Night Fire the second book in the Renée Ballard series. Call it what you will, this is most definitely a win-win situation for Michael Connelly fans. (Personally,  even though I've already become quite a fan of the new Ballard character, this is a Harry Bosch novel in my eyes.)

Publisher Little, Brown and Company is going with different Night Fire covers for different parts of the world. When this happens, I usually prefer the version targeted toward the U.S. audience, but this time around I find myself preferring the middle cover shown up above, the one aimed at the U.K./Ireland market. What do you think?

Click on the image for a much larger view of the covers.

4 comments:

  1. I like the middle cover best, too! (And the USA cover the least.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that the U.S. cover is the worst - by far.

      Delete
  2. The middle cove is my favorite, then the Aus/NZ. Maybe the publisher should rethink the US version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, all three of us rank the covers in the same order. The U.S. version is the most simplistic and unimaginative of the three, IMO.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.