Friday, November 27, 2015

Barnes & Noble Signed Books Promotion

I was too late last year to take advantage of the Barnes & Noble signed books promotion, so I made a special trip to the bookstore this morning hoping to pick up a signed copy of Isabel Allende's The Japanese Lover.  Because she is one of the more "literary" writers who signed books for the event, I was a little concerned that signed copies of her book would all be gone by the time I got there.  But I shouldn't have worried.  There were about eight copies on the shelf and I bought one of the two they sold during the 45 minutes I was in the store.

Isabelle Allende Signature
The featured titles include cookbooks, novels, classic fiction, biographies, history, politics, celebrity books, and music legends and sports heroes. 

Well, take a look for yourself:

Here is the complete list of authors participating in our Signed Editions program.
Award-Winning Authors
  • Isabel Allende, The Japanese Lover
  • Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See
  • David Mitchell, Slade House
  • Nathaniel Philbrick, In the Heart of the Sea
  • Brian Selznick, The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Admired Authors, Enduring Works
  • Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
  • Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist (25th anniversary edition)
  • S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
  • Khaled Hosseini, Kite Runner
  • Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
Bestselling Fiction Authors
  • Mitch Albom, The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
  • Chris Colfer, The Enchantress Returns, The Wishing Spell, A Grimm Warning, and Beyond the Kingdoms
  • Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen
  • John A. Flanagan, The Tournament at Gorlan
  • Erin Hilderbrand, Winter Stroll
  • Jan Karon, Come Rain or Shine
  • Jeff Kinney, Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series #10)
  • Marie Lu, The Rose Society
  • Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses
  • Gregory Maguire, After Alice
  • Richelle Mead, Soundless
  • Marissa Meyer, Winter
  • Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Series #1)
  • Rainbow Rowell, Carry On
  • Brandon Sanderson, Steelheart (B&N exclusive edition)
  • Adriana Trigiani, All the Stars in the Heavens
Bestselling Mystery & Thriller Authors
  • David Baldacci, The Guilty
  • Lorenzo Carcaterra, The Wolf
  • Lee Child, Make Me (Jack Reacher Series #20)
  • Michael Connelly, The Crossing
  • Patricia Cornwell, Depraved Heart
  • Clive Cussler, The Pharoah’s Secret
  • Janet Evanovich, Tricky Twenty-Two
  • Elizabeth George, A Banquet of Consequences
  • Newt Gingrich, Duplicity: A Novel
  • Sue Grafton, X
  • Paula Hawkins, The Girl on the Train
  • Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, Crimson Shore
  • Lisa Scottoline, Corrupted
Favorite Authors from Page to Screen
  • Jesse Andrews, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
  • Terry Brooks, The Elfstones of Shannara
  • Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • Gayle Forman, If I Stay
  • Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • John Green, Paper Towns
  • Ransom Riggs, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
  • Veronica Roth, Allegiant (Collector’s Edition)
  • Andy Weir, The Martian
Fascinating Celebrities
  • Drew Barrymore, Wildflower
  • Abigail Breslin, This May Sound Crazy
  • Christie Brinkley, Timeless Beauty: Over 100 Tips, Secrets, and Shortcuts to Looking Great
  • Frederick Forsyth, The Outsider: My Life in Intrigue
  • Whoopi Goldberg, If Someone Says “You Complete Me,” RUN!: Whoopi’s Big Book of Relationships
  • Mindy Kaling, Why Not Me?
  • Khloe Kardashian, Strong Looks Better Naked
  • Mary-Louise Parker, Dear Mr. You
  • David Spade, Almost Interesting
  • Rainn Wilson, The Bassoon King: My Life in Art, Faith, and Idiocy
Internet Sensations
  • Shane Dawson, I Hate Myselfie
  • Connor Franta, A Work in Progress (B&N Exclusive Edition, hardcover)
  • Joey Graceffa, In Real Life: My Journey to a Pixelated World
  • Dan Howell, Phil Lester, The Amazing Book Is Not on Fire
  • Jenny Lawson, Furiously Happy
  • Jenn McAllister, Really Professional Internet Person
  • Paige McKenzie, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
  • Robby Novak, Kid President’s Guide to Being Awesome
  • Tyler Oakley, Binge
  • PewDiePie, This Book Loves You
  • Brandon Stanton, Humans of New York—Stories
  • Zoe Sugg, Girl Online: On Tour
  • Kristina Webb, Color Me Creative
Celebrated Chefs
  • Giada De Laurentiis, Happy Cooking
  • Paula Deen, Paula Deen Cuts the Fat
  • Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime
  • Bobby Flay, Brunch at Bobby’s
  • Ina Garten, Make It Ahead
  • Sammy Hagar, Are We Having Any Fun Yet?
  • Nigella Lawson, Simply Nigella
  • Matt Holloway & Michelle Davis, Thug Kitchen Party Grub
Masters of Business & Money
  • Charles G. Koch, Good Profit
  • Tony Robbins, MONEY Master the Game
Music Legends
  • Carrie Brownstein, Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl
  • Elvis Costello, Unfaithful Music
  • John Fogerty, Fortunate Son
  • Jewel, Never Broken
  • Patti Smith, M Train
Sports Heroes
  • Colin Cowherd, Raw
  • Tim Howard, The Keeper
  • Mike Lupica, Fast Break
  • Jerry Rice, 50 Years, 50 Moments
  • Jalen Rose, Got to Give the People What They Want
Bestselling Authors Who Motivate & Inspire
  • Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic
  • T. D. Jakes, Destiny: Step Into Your Purpose
  • Joel Osteen, The Power of I Am
  • Dana Perino, And the Good News Is…
  • Ann Romney, In This Together
  • Don Miguel Ruiz, The Toltec Art of Life and Death
Favorite Authors On Politics & Culture
  • Ben Carson, A More Perfect Union
  • Chelsea Clinton, It’s Your World
  • Bill Nye, Unstoppable
  • Rand Paul, Our Presidents & Their Prayers
  • Gloria Steinem, My Life on the Road
Powerful Narratives from Top Historians
  • Daniel James Brown, The Boys in the Boat
  • Brian Kilmeade, Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates
  • Erik Larson, Dead Wake
  • David McCullough, The Wright Brothers
  • Jon Meacham, Destiny and Power
  • Stacy Schiff, The Witches
  • Simon Winchester, Pacific
  • Bob Woodward, The Last of the President’s Men
Bestselling Authors of Children's Picture Books
  • Chris Van Allsburg, The Polar Express (30th anniversary edition)
  • Jan Brett, The Mitten (20th anniversary edition)
  • Caralyn Buehner, Snowmen at Christmas
  • James Dean, Eric Litwin, Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
  • Nathan Lane, Devlin Elliot, Naughty Mabel
  • Tom Lichtenheld (illustrator), I Wish You More
  • Brad Meltzer, I Am Abraham Lincoln
  • Julianne Moore, Freckleface Strawberry
  • B. J. Novak, The Book with No Pictures
  • Laura Numeroff, Felicia Bond, If You Give a Dog a Donut
  • Sherri Duskey Rinker, Tom Lichtenheld, Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Nancy Tillman, On the Night You Were Born
I don't mean to be this some kind of ad for Barnes & Noble, but this promotion does offer a rather unique opportunity to pick up signed copies of some very popular writers.  For those of you unable to visit a brick and mortar B&N in the next day or so, these titles are also being offered online, but you probably should hurry because this promotion is a popular one.  I didn't see all of these titles on display this morning and I do know that a couple of the "Fascinating Celebrities" had already sold out (Drew Barrymore and that Kim Kardashian person)...saying a lot about what people are willing to spend their money on, I think.  

2 comments:

  1. I wanted the Norton Juster and David McCullough, but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they didn't come close to selling all the signed copies at either of the B&Ns near me, and I wonder what happened to them. Maybe sold online now or something? I remember at least half a dozen copies of the McCullough book still being there days after the sale but I don't remember ever seeing the other book.

      Delete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.