Sunday, August 23, 2015

Have you read a good t-shirt lately?

A Farewell to Arms
I saw someone wearing this A Farewell to Arms t-shirt yesterday and it was such an eye-catcher that I had to ask about it.  As it turns out, there are a bunch of shirts in the series, all of them using thousands of words from literary classics as background for the illustrations featured on the shirts.  The back of the shirt is solid text from the Hemingway classic.  From even a slight distance, it appears to be a gray t-hirt, but get a little closer and...boom!   You realize what you are looking at.  

Click here to reach the Litograph website where you can see the whole collection of shirts - and lots of other bookish things for sale.

I imagine that most of the shirts on offer will be best appreciated by women, but there are plenty of choices for guys, too.  Hemingway is well represented, for instance, and others, such as The Jungle (by Upton Sinclair) that men will feel comfortable wearing.


The Jungle

Middlemarch

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

The number of choices is actually a little bit overwhelming - and the company also sells posters, tattoos, and totes - so take a look and see if any of them appeal to you.  They are not cheap, but if you read how they are produced (via a process that means they will never fade) one by one, the price makes more sense.

Post #2,542

3 comments:

  1. I have seen a variety of book-themed stuff that never really appealed to me (including figurines of famous authors and old-book-smell perfume) but these shirts are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about these shirts is that there are so many choices it's hard not to find at least a couple that you like. Guaranteed to start a conversation or two, also, I would imagine.

      Delete
  2. I think I'd get a kick out of waiting in line or sitting on a bus in public and having someone start reading a book off the back of my shirt!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.