Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies: Coming to PBS April 5




Sunday night, April 5, is going to be a big night for fans of Hillary Mantel's novels Wolf Hall (2009) and Bring Up the Bodies (2012) because that is the evening on which PBS Masterpiece Theater will begin broadcasting the BBC adaptation of the two books.  The series will run through Sunday night, May 10.  

Comprising the first two parts of Mantel's Thomas Cromwell trilogy, the books have been hugely popular in the United States, Britain, and the rest of the world.  They have also earned much critical acclaim, including Booker Prizes for both Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies

Hungry for more?  Here's a bit of a sneak preview from the first episode:



Now, I'm off to set my DVR...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me, too, even though I haven't read the books. I like costume drama from that period, so I'm going to risk watching before reading, for a change. Keep your fingers crossed that's it's as good as what we hope it will be.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.