Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Book Trailer of the Week: Life from Scratch

It's been a while since I've shared a book trailer here, so here's a new one that I find hard to resist - and this is from someone not at all into cookbooks or anything resembling a cookbook.




Now this book appears to be a combination memoir/cookbook, and I'm not even sure what the exact mix is or how many recipes might be included in the book.  What I find fascinating is the concept of cooking a meal from every country on the face of the planet as a way of rethinking (or resetting) one's life.

And the bonus here is that this is a beautifully photographed book trailer.  It worked surprisingly well on someone like me who would most likely have not even glanced at the book before seeing the trailer.  Book Trailers work...no doubt about it.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy food blogs and cookbooks, and also read a lot of memoirs, so I love the idea of this. I'll have to keep an eye out for reviews.

    As for book trailers, I usually really dislike them. I don't think I've ever watched one that caught my interest more than a simple blurb would have, and I've watched one (can't remember what it was for now) that really killed the interest I already had. I just might not be wired that way, though.

    That said, I also wouldn't have heard of this book without a trailer to share, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on about 90% of book trailers that I see. They are pretty bad, generally. It's that other 10% that manage to find just the right groove to promote their book...and, as you say, they bring me to a book I would never otherwise have heard about. That's why I enjoy searching out that magic ten percent.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.