Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Funky Winkerbean, Would-Be Author


I started my day off with a smile very early this morning thanks to Funky's high hopes. I think there's a little bit of Funky Winkerbean in most of us. This is one of only six comic strips that I still read every morning, after a bunch of years of following each of them.

(Click on the strip for a larger, more easily read image)

2 comments:

  1. This makes me smile, but for a little different reason...Tom Batiuk is from my area. The school in this comic strip is fashioned after Midview High School in Grafton, Ohio, which was one of our rivals when I was in school...now my niece attends that district. Funky is special to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that's interesting. I never knew that the strip was based on a real high school...and I've read this thing seems like forever.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.