Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Book List Bonanza



I don't think that I've ever met a book addict who is not also a lover of book lists: Top 10s, Prize Winners, Best Sellers, All-Time Favorites, etc.

Well, book addicts, I just stumbled upon a goldmine of book lists over at The Guardian so get ready to have some fun. Here is the indexed list, and here are a few of my favorites:




Top 10 Books About Civil War

Top 10 Books About Troubled Families


Top 10 Asian Crime Fiction

Top 10 Books About Outsiders


Top 10 Books About Forgetting

Top 10 Short Books


Top 10 Books Set in Japan


Top 10 Psychological Thrillers


Top 10 Books in Which Things End Badly


Top 10 Literary Murders
This is just the tip of the iceberg. I've already spent way too much time browsing the lists today - but who can resist this kind of thing? The lists go back all the way to November 1999 and there are 250 of them so far.

Have fun.

4 comments:

  1. Well, there goes my day (LOL)! I do love book lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they great, Lisa? I've spent another hour or two browsing them and making notes for books I need to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every week, one of the first things I read on-line is the latest of these Guardian top 10 books list. Sometimes I agree with every single choice, sometimes I disagree, sometimes I think there are surprising omissions, but more often than not I end up adding new titles to my personal 'must read' list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lists like these can be expensive, can't they, herschelian? I'm planning to purchase two or three that I've made note of this weekend, in fact. It's a bit overwhelming to see so many interesting lists all at one time so I'll be working my way through them for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.