Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dickens on the Shelf

By moving more books to one of the closets (my wife is not thrilled, believe me), I was able to make room for the Dickens books in the center of my bookshelves. My Dickens books don't fit on one shelf anymore, but every book on this particular shelf is a Dickens book, the three little green ones going back to 1867. Those three are signed and dated by their original owner, one Mattie Barnes.



The second shot is just to give a little perspective.



I can't wait to read one of these vintage copies because there are some things in the set that I haven't seen before. Some of it is labeled as "Miscellaneous" and some as "Reprinted Pieces."

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful library. I'd love to one day have such a thing, but we tend to move so much it's not feasible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,I carted some of these around while living in several countries and it's only in the last 7 years that I've had a place to shelve this many of them. It was always something I hoped to do some day...hang in there.

    Thanks, Anne, I appreciate the nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over your bookcases right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefanie, it's like they always say about space, though, that no matter how much of it you have, you will fill it. I'm still having to stash books in closets and my wife is fast losing patience with the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are incredible book shelves! Oh, how I wish for a library like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks, Kirsten. Unfortunately, I could use twice the space...and counting.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.