Sunday, April 10, 2016

National Library Week



I suppose it's a bit ironic to begin celebrating National Library Week 2016 on Sunday, a day my own local library system no longer opens its doors because of ever constant budgetary constraint...but I'm doing it anyway.

I have to say, too, that I'm a little bit surprised (and disappointed) that the Harris County Public Library does not seem to be celebrating the event at all - at least for now.  There's nothing on the library's webpage acknowledging the celebratory week...yet.  Maybe when the doors open tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 (Monday hours were shortened at the same time that Sunday closings began) that will change.

Anyway, it really is National Library Week...someone tell the HCPL system for me.  

On the positive side, I see that my local branch will start handling U.S. passport applications this week and that Overdrive is offering library downloads of magazines now - and those magazine copies can be kept on your reading devices for as long as you want to have them, even forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.