Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unintentional Catch-UP

I just this second realized that for the first time in YEARS, I am not in the midst of reading at least one book.  In fact, I can't remember the last time this has happened.  I usually read three or four at a time, a way of ensuring that I can always pick up something and jump in right where I left off.  I have been slow, though, to start anything new this week when I finished one.  So, in the last two days, I've finished the only two I still had going (the last, over lunch today)... and suddenly there's not one to reach for.  You know, that is actually a strange feeling for me.

Not a big problem - I'll just start three or four from the stack of dozens awaiting my attention...but I experienced a strange, though momentary, feeling of "loss."  Yes, I know, that's weird.

2 comments:

  1. It happens to the best of us. I have been a little slow on my reading this summer as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, Cody...but it caught me completely unawares. I think it was primarily the result of my week on the road in late June. That threw my schedule completely off.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.