Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Best of 2010, Update 10




It's time for a quick update - three more books read and two of them make the current list: A Fair Maiden and T Is for Trespass.



Top 10 after 18 entrants:

1. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese (novel)
2. Man of Constant Sorrow - Ralph Stanley and Eddie Dean (biography)
3. The Opposite Field - Jesse Katz (memoir)

4. The Calligrapher's Daughter - Eugenia Kim (novel)

5. A Fair Maiden - Joyce Carol Oates - (novel)
6. Game Change - John Heilemann and Mark Halperin (political nonfiction)
7. Homer & Langley - E.L. Doctorow - 4.0 (novel)
8. Blind Submission - Debra Ginsberg (2006 novel)
9. T Is for Trespass - Sue Grafton (novel)
10. Goosetown: Reconstructing an Akron Neighborhood - Joyce Dyer (memoir)





2 comments:

  1. I always check this list to see if Homer & Langley are still on it, as well as The Calligrapher's Daughter.

    It's hard for me to choose...I'd have to have a Top 40...worked for Casey Kasem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Homer & Langley" is in a fairly solid spot for now, I think. Only one of the last six books I've read has cracked the list, although I am reading two right now that are likely to make it through.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.