Saturday, May 21, 2016

You Can Have It All (Rolling in the Deep parody)



This song parody was apparently used to promote the New York State Reading Association conference held in Syracuse in 2012.  Based on a song called "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, this version is called "If You Love to Read" and features real-life English teacher Sarah Ada in place of Adele. 

Everything about this video makes me smile, but I especially love the lyrics and Sarah's voice.  Readers, "you can have it all if you like to read."

For comparison purposes (and mainly to illustrate just how clever and well done this video is) I'm including the original Adele video on which it's based: 


2 comments:

  1. That's great. Reminds me of "Library Girl" by Reina del Cid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to love it, don't you? I imagine it was a fun thing for them to put together, and it shows in the final video. Had to be tons of work for everyone involved.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.