Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving Illustrated

I first posted this in November of 2012, just a few days before Thanksgiving, as I recall.  I want to repost it a little earlier this year because Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite holiday of all, and I'm already starting to feel that good old Thanksgiving vibe.  

Interestingly, this three-year-old post still draws "hits" from around the world during almost every month of the year.  Norman Rockwell seems to be universally popular even today.  His work was very special.

Norman Rockwell did it longer - and better - than anyone.  His illustrations have become national icons, and many of the most familiar ones pertain to the Thanksgiving celebration.  Here are some of them, and I wonder how many more there are:

No comments:

Post a Comment