Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving Illustrated

I first posted this in November of 2012, just a few days before Thanksgiving, as I recall.  I want to repost it a little earlier this year because Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite holiday of all, and I'm already starting to feel that good old Thanksgiving vibe.  

Interestingly, this three-year-old post still draws "hits" from around the world during almost every month of the year.  Norman Rockwell seems to be universally popular even today.  His work was very special.


=======================================================================
Norman Rockwell did it longer - and better - than anyone.  His illustrations have become national icons, and many of the most familiar ones pertain to the Thanksgiving celebration.  Here are some of them, and I wonder how many more there are:














No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.