Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Best of 2010, Update 10




It's time for a quick update - three more books read and two of them make the current list: A Fair Maiden and T Is for Trespass.



Top 10 after 18 entrants:

1. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese (novel)
2. Man of Constant Sorrow - Ralph Stanley and Eddie Dean (biography)
3. The Opposite Field - Jesse Katz (memoir)

4. The Calligrapher's Daughter - Eugenia Kim (novel)

5. A Fair Maiden - Joyce Carol Oates - (novel)
6. Game Change - John Heilemann and Mark Halperin (political nonfiction)
7. Homer & Langley - E.L. Doctorow - 4.0 (novel)
8. Blind Submission - Debra Ginsberg (2006 novel)
9. T Is for Trespass - Sue Grafton (novel)
10. Goosetown: Reconstructing an Akron Neighborhood - Joyce Dyer (memoir)





2 comments:

  1. I always check this list to see if Homer & Langley are still on it, as well as The Calligrapher's Daughter.

    It's hard for me to choose...I'd have to have a Top 40...worked for Casey Kasem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Homer & Langley" is in a fairly solid spot for now, I think. Only one of the last six books I've read has cracked the list, although I am reading two right now that are likely to make it through.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.