Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hank Locklin - Gone at 91

I can't find anything on the net yet, but I've just heard, from someone who should know, that one of country music's legendary performers passed away today.

Mr. Hank Locklin was one of the greats of early country music and had just turned 91 years old about three weeks ago.

Here's a amazing clip of Hank singing one of his signature songs, "Send Me the Pillow That You Dream On." I'm not sure what year this performance is from but the man still had remarkable vocal control, that's for sure.



Another great one is gone - and country music is a mere shadow of what it was in the days when the real thing was being recorded. That's what makes a death like this one doubly sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.