Friday, August 29, 2008

Some Things Never Really Change


I've always kind of identified with Linus for some reason. I suppose it's because he could see through others and yet not get all that riled up about anything they did to him. This particular strip reminds me that readers are still fighting the same battle that Linus faced all those years ago, only now we have to put up with music players, cell phones, laptops, etc. when trying to read in a public setting. It happened to me again just this morning, in fact, while I waited to have the oil changed in my car...cell phone screamers and mp3 players so loud that I could understand the song lyrics through the headphones being used by others (their ears must be mush by now).

But Linus, bless him, saw the humor in the situation a long time ago.


(You'll have to click on the image to see it in a more legible size - this is as big as the blogger software will allow it to be.)

4 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way when I'm trying to read in the waiting room of the doctor's office and they have either some talk show or some soap opera blaring on the television! - What happened to books, magazines...and toys for the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I didn't even bother to mention the four television sets in the area all tuned to "The View." That is just cruel and unusual punishment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, love the comic. And you're right, readers have more to worry about these days then being run over by a portable TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is definitely more complicated than when this strip was first published...better, I'm not so sure?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.