Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Book Chase Is Back - Are You Still Out There?

This is a testing-of-the-waters post of sorts because I've been away from the world of blogging for almost exactly two years due to health issues. During a period of just over 24 months I was involved in two major car accidents (hit once by a drunk driver and once by a driver who ran through a red light at 50 miles an hour) and in a separate accident during which I fell and broke my left hip. Needless to say, the recovery/recoveries have been a long, slow process, but I'm finally feeling like this might be the time to try my hand at book-blogging again. 

The book cover I show is a bit of a personal, inside joke because it pretty much reflects the last two years of my daily life, a rather dark time that I hope is finally behind me. 

I suspect that I've lost all past readers, and that it will never be quite the same, but I want to see what happens. So it you're still out there, please let me hear from you.

I will begin with an abbreviated book review or two just to see how it goes from there. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment on Cath's blog. You don't know me, but I did used to read your blog. I wondered what had happened. What terrible things you went through. So happy you are on the mend. I think your readers will come back - leaving a comment on their blogs, as you did with Cath will help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, thanks so much for your encouragement. I finally have the energy to get back to some of the fun things in life after almost three years devoted to physical healing. I know this will be a slow process, but i'm happy to get a positive response so quickly. Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're back, Sam, and that you're okay after some horrific experiences! I look forward to reading your new book reviews. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm trying to get things back together, but I'm really rusty on the mechanics, so it's a little frustrating. But even at the worst of times, I was reading, so I've got a lot of stuff stored up to talk about for a while. What would we do without books? They got me through some tough times for sure. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Sure, I'm here, and am glad you're on the mend. Wishing you all the best from ISRAEL. Today we celebrate our Independence Day. Next week - the Eurovision Contest. I am reading now books of the Australian author Gerald Murnane who's often tipped for the Nobel Prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Independence Day, Moshe, and thanks for stopping by with a reply. I lived in England for several years and really had fun with the Eurovision Contest in the late nineties. I'm not familiar with the Australian author you mention, so I'll have to take a look. Thanks again.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.