Friday, October 23, 2015

Movies for Readers: Pride & Prejudice & Zombies



I'm starting a new series of posts today to highlight "Movies for Readers."  This may seem like a strange choice to begin the series with, but I listened to the audio version of Pride & Prejudice & Zombies a year or two ago and had great fun with it.  And from the looks of this trailer, this movie version of the book is going to be even more fun.

The movie is due in theaters in February 2016.  It will be interesting to see what kind of audience it draws and what age groups that audience comes from.  Too, I wonder if a few young viewers might end up actually reading some of Jane Austen's classic novels as a result of movies like this one.  Probably wishful thinking on my part, I know.  But I can dream, right?

Post #2,596

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I abandoned the book, but this is one of the rare exceptions in which I think I might like the movie better. :) It actually looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about seeing familiar characters in a costume drama do something absurd like fight the zombie hoards that cracks me up.

      Delete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.