Friday, May 04, 2012

Book Trailer of the Week - The Solitary House

I just heard about a novel released earlier this week by British author Lynn Shepherd.  The book is titled The Solitary House and is a murder mystery set in London during the time of Charles Dickens.  In fact, Ms. Shepherd says that the novel is her personal gift to Dickens on the occasion of his 200th birthday which occurred just this past February.

According to this book trailer, characters from Bleak House make cameo appearances in The Solitary House, adding to the fun of it all, although the author stresses that this is a standalone novel and it is not necessary to have any foreknowledge of Bleak House in order to enjoy the new mystery.  Coincidentally, I was about to begin  Bleak House, planning to read it a little at a time sort of in between the cracks of the contemporary stuff I'm always reading.  Because of that, I'm going to see if I can reserve The Solitary House via my library system so that I will have it when done with the Dickens.

So here is my Book Trailer of the Week: The Solitary House





Book Trailer of the Week - No. 2

2 comments:

  1. I just picked this book up at my library :o)
    It's a few books down on the TBR pile but I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Kathy, you're ahead of me. Have you read Bleak House?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.