Friday, December 11, 2009

Any Tweeters Out There?

I am wondering (out loud) how many of my fellow book bloggers and visitors are active on Twitter. I was reluctant to get involved over there but I am finding it to be a fairly effective way to keep up with what's going on in the book/publishing world in real time. An amazing amount of information gets shared on Twitter (along with lots of trash and spam) in those 140-word blips and links used to communicate with like-minded souls.

So, if any of you are on Twitter and are interested in spreading the word about your activity, please leave a comment here about what it is you do there. I would love to link up with others in the book world that way (readers, writers, publishers, bookstores, libraries, etc.) but, frankly, I am finding it difficult to build much of a network so far. I have grown frustrated with the Twitter "search function" and I hope this might be both a quicker and a more productive way to make some meaningful connections. So holler at me it you tweet.

2 comments:

  1. I am pussreboots on twitter. There is a very large and active group of book people on twitter: bloggers, publicists, publishers, agents and authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam,

    We're already hooked up on Twitter, I believe, but the way I started was to look at friends of people I was following and that gave me my initial group to follow. I also paid attention to RT's from my friends.

    I put together a crime fiction directory if you'd like to check that out here:

    http://jensbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/09/crime-fiction-twitter-directory.html

    It needs to be updated again, but it's a good start for crime fiction anyway...

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.