Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On the Road Again

Somewhere in Tennessee

I'm leaving before daybreak tomorrow morning on my way to Owensboro, Kentucky, for the annual bluegrass festival held up there every June by the International Bluegrass Music Museum. I'll be checking in with updates on the music (for those few of you who might be interested) and will maybe even work in a book review or two since I have such a hard time sleeping in hotels. I'll be lucky to get four intermittent hours of sleep per night, so you might not even be able to tell that I'm away from home.

I've been looking forward to the trip for a while and can't wait to hit the road (I must have been a long-haul truck driver in a previous life or something). I'll initially be heading to Texarkana, a city that sits on both sides of the Texas-Arkansas border, and then on to Memphis before I finally turn more northeastward and home-in on Kentucky. I'll get the bulk of my driving in tomorrow and, depending on how sleepy I feel, I may just drive the 1100 miles in one very long day.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun! I look forward to hearing all about it.

    Drive carefully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably too late, but The Cupboard in Memphis (on Union, just off the 240 exit closer to downtown) is a great place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed your recommendation, factotum...but I will be headed that way same time next year and will make a note of the place. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Annie...as you have heard from others, it was another great trip and we missed having you with us.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.