Monday, October 08, 2012

"The End of Your Life Book Club" Videos


(What could be better than this for the 2000th blog post in the life of Book Chase?)


I reviewed The End of Your Life Book Club back on September 19 and expressed my admiration of the book.  That's why I'm pleased to see that the book's publisher is making an effort to get it the attention it deserves - especially from the very people who read a few book blogs every day -us.  This one is a perfect fit for people like us.

While this book trailer is not one of my Book Trailers of the Week, it does a great job in explaining the concept behind the book.  So, do take a look:





You might also enjoy getting better acquainted with the book's author here:


And, lastly, my favorite quote from the book (Will's observation as his mother was dying in her bed):
            “They (books) were Mom’s companions and teachers. They had shown her the way.  And she was able to look at them as she readied herself for the life everlasting that she knew awaited her.  What comfort could be gained from staring at my lifeless e-reader?”

6 comments:

  1. What interesting clips, Sam.
    It sounds like a book I'd love to read.
    Oh, and congratulations on your 2,000th blog posting.
    Kepp writing to us, Sam. Your blog is terrific. One of my favorites, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! That trailer left me with a knot in my stomach and a tear in my eye. This sounds like a must-read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy reading your blog. Congratulations on your 2000th posting!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cip. That quote from the book that ends my post paints a picture I can't get out of my mind. I can imagine being able to take comfort even as one dies by being surrounded by all the books one has loved in a lifetime. The contrast between a wall of books and an e-reader on a nightstand is just stunning in that sense. We are losing so much if we lose out on printed books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, I guarantee you that you will love The End of Your Life Book Club. It is a book for book-lovers...you know who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words about Book Chase post number 2000, Elizabeth. Heck, thanks for just being here. I appreciate you guys.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.