Translate

Friday, January 14, 2011

This Is a First for Me

I've been carrying around John Grisham's little football-in-Italy novel from one office to the next for the last two days.  Like most of you, I always have a book with me for use during those otherwise-wasted minutes waiting for someone to actually see you for the appointment you've booked with them.

For the first time I can remember, three different people took a look at the front dust jacket and commented about how much they had enjoyed reading the book: an estate attorney and officers at two different banks.  Two things are kind of cool about that: first, that people actually noticed what I was reading and felt moved to comment, and, second, that the comments came from male readers (what seems to be an endangered species in this country - but, of course, the book is about football).

What were the odds, I wonder?
Post a Comment