Wow, pretty chilling video. I saw the movie The Great Santini but never had the pleasure the read the book. I think I have it on the shelves somewhere. I need to find it and read it. I'm pretty sure I will have a lot to say about it!
Conroy and his family seem to have suffered greatly from growing up with a father like his. The man lives on in his children, I'm sure, having imbedded himself in their minds forever. I don't envy them.
THE PROBLEM WITH COMMENTS SEEMED TO HIT A PEAK ON SEPTEMBER 4. THERE WERE MULTIPLE REPORTS FROM ALL OVER, AND GOOGLE FINALLY PAID ATTENTION TO THE PROBLEM, SO FOR NOW, AT LEAST, IT'S PROBLEM SOLVED.
Wow, pretty chilling video. I saw the movie The Great Santini but never had the pleasure the read the book. I think I have it on the shelves somewhere. I need to find it and read it. I'm pretty sure I will have a lot to say about it!
ReplyDeleteConroy and his family seem to have suffered greatly from growing up with a father like his. The man lives on in his children, I'm sure, having imbedded himself in their minds forever. I don't envy them.
ReplyDeleteWow. He paints a much nicer picture of his father in The Great Santini. Even then, years later, he was cleaning things up to "protect our Marine."
ReplyDelete