Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas, Book Lovers


Even Santa enjoys a good book now and then.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.  Stay safe and warm.

The weather here in the Houston area is fairly miserable for the second year in a row.  We had a loud mid-morning thunder storm, lots of wind, and the temperature will drop almost forty degrees when the sun goes down this evening (that's only into the low thirties, however).

I hope you get (and give) lots of books and bookstore gift cards for Christmas because, of course, we all need more books.

Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Sam! Many books and bookish gadgets were given and received at our house this year. Hope the same can be send for you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and all your family, Sam.
    All the best to you in 2013 -- as you say, More books, more books, MORE BOOKS.
    It's what we all wish for.
    And in your case, I assume you will have even more TIME for books, and great blogs about books. Which is to say, congratulations on your retirement, Sam!
    Everything good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had one of those perfect Christmases, Megan. It was mostly about the kids here this year, so I'm on my own for new books going into next year. We had a few unexpected expenses come up...but things are looking up now, and I'm feeling good about 2013. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it, Mr. Cip...more books, more books, more books, it is. That's what it's all about for guys like us.

    Hey, thanks for the retirement good wishes. My official date is midnight on December 28, so the hours are really going by fast now. I hope I'm ready...think I am, but, frankly, there is a bit of nervousness about such a huge lifestyle change, too. Wish me luck, man...I might just need it.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.