Monday, March 12, 2012

On the Road Trailer

I see that a new lit-movie is headed our way.  This time it's going to be Jack Kerouac's On the Road.

I have always been repulsed by the whole "beat" scene, the hippie culture of the sixties, and the drug culture, for that matter, even though I came of age in the sixties and was exposed to much of it.  So for me personally, this is probably a no-go or, at most, a NetFlix experience, but I thought some of you might be curious.

Too, I have never read On the Road - my question to you is, should I?  Considering my distaste for the pretentiousness of that era, is there anything in there that might change my mind about Mr. Kerouac?




2 comments:

  1. Did you know that John Updike didn't like On The Road either, and he wrote Rabbit, Run as a response?

    I didn't like On The Road. Dean Moriarty is so annoying with his shaking and sweating and ...other stuff. Even so, I am curious about the movie and will probably watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know that about Updike, Susan. Makes me like his Rabbit series even more, however.

    Moriarty is pretty annoying and twitchy in this trailer, too...another turn off about these guys.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.