Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

B*itches in Bookshops (Bear with Me on This One)

First, I want to say that this post is not meant as a rant against rappers, nor what they so ludicrously dare call "music" (OK, I couldn't help myself - had to get at least one lick in).  But I could not post the following video without saying something up front because me promoting a video recorded in this style is not something I ever dreamed I would be doing; I normally would turn this kind of thing off as soon as I could find a place the right place to click.  Some of you might feel the same, but do give this one a chance because it has a positive message about reading - and, at this point, anything that can make reading a book "cool" to young people is probably a good thing. So, despite the depths to which popular culture has been dragged by rappers and the thugs who produce it, give this one a look.

Here goes.  Try to get past the title of the piece and listen to the message.  It will surprise you, I think.


Post a Comment