Sunday, March 25, 2012

B*itches in Bookshops (Bear with Me on This One)

First, I want to say that this post is not meant as a rant against rappers, nor what they so ludicrously dare call "music" (OK, I couldn't help myself - had to get at least one lick in).  But I could not post the following video without saying something up front because me promoting a video recorded in this style is not something I ever dreamed I would be doing; I normally would turn this kind of thing off as soon as I could find a place the right place to click.  Some of you might feel the same, but do give this one a chance because it has a positive message about reading - and, at this point, anything that can make reading a book "cool" to young people is probably a good thing. So, despite the depths to which popular culture has been dragged by rappers and the thugs who produce it, give this one a look.

Here goes.  Try to get past the title of the piece and listen to the message.  It will surprise you, I think.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOATHE rap-music but I LOVED this piece!
    Thanks, Sam.
    That rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why this one caught me so totally by surprise, Cip...I generally run from that kind of sound but this was very well done and very creative in a positive sense, for a change...rare for Rap, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.