Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Favorite 2011 Cover Art


All this year, I've been adding cover images to iPhoto of each of the books I read.  The index has turned into a surprisingly colorful and fun-to-look-at bunch of images that gave me the idea to choose my favorite half-dozen covers of the year.  As it turns out, three of the books featured will be also make my Top 10 fiction or nonfiction lists, and three will not.







I love these images (and seem to be partial to landscapes, don't I) because of their beauty and because they so perfectly capture the mood of each of the books.  Not so surprisingly, there is only one nonfiction title represented here, but it does have a great cover (Following Josh).

I realize there are countless great 2011covers.  Remember that these six are the best from the 121 books I've read to this point of the year - a very small sample from all the books published in total.

8 comments:

  1. Love them all, especially the deWitt one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great covers, and these 6 are definitely great. I think I'm partial to the Remember Ben Clayton cover, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like The Sisters Brothers cover. People seem to be polarized by that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'Doc' cover. I think it was what drew me to the book. The 'Following Josh' book cover is sure enticing. I just have to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The deWitt one is the cleverest of the lot, I think, Nik.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover, great novel, Megan. Have you read this one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, I like the Brothers Sisters cover a lot more since I read and enjoyed the book so much...finally understand what the artist was going for, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda, that Doc cover is perfect for the novel. It says so much about the man in a single picture that it is a story in itself. Great cover on Following Josh, but the memoir didn't do all that much for me.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.