Translate

Thursday, June 02, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (movie trailer)

On Tuesday I embedded a book trailer for Emma Donoghue's Room here on Book Chase because one look at it inspired me to add the book to my TBR stack.  It is, in my opinion, that good, and that effective, a book trailer.  It achieves everything it set out to do.

Today I am embedding a movie trailer for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, a film that is scheduled for release in December 2011.  I have not yet read any of the Stieg Larsson books (although I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually), so I know absolutely nothing about the book's plot.  Maybe that's why this movie trailer does nothing for me.  It makes The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo look exactly like about two dozen other movies I've seen over the years.

I'm curious, though.  I know that many of you have read the three books in this series already, and that some of you love them.  If you are one of those...does this trailer excite you?  Is this a "do not miss" movie?  Is this a movie trailer aimed exclusively at book readers?

Post a Comment