Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alan the Accountant Shuns Pants But He's One Cool Dude

As an accountant of several decades experience, I have grown a bit weary of the stereotypical accountant image used so often to amuse television and movie viewers.  I've laughed at this guy, too...heck, I may have worked with him in a past life.  I no longer make my living as an accountant but, you know, I feel bad for the brothers and sisters who still suffer the ridicule of their friends, neighbors, and spouses just because they have not yet put their pencils down.  You know who you are, you cruel people.

That's why I am pleased to announce a new children's book featuring none other than Alan the Accountant.  No longer do your small children have to be bored by books about firemen, policemen, cowboys, postmen, or Bob the Builder.  Now they can be bored by Alan the Accountant (who apparently cannot afford pants, or maybe just enjoys walking around without them - who said accountants weren't sexy?).

So, I am proud to introduce the very cool, Alan the Accountant:


Alan looks just like the kind of accountant who can motivate your children into taking up the pencil when older accountants are ready to hand it off to the next generation.  Don't miss the opportunity to thrill your children with the excitement of a day on the job with Alan.  One small footnote: the book is being published only in iPhone format (sounds like a plot by Apple accountants to sell more iPhones, to me).

Click here for all the details.

10 comments:

  1. Since I don't have an iPhone, I'll have to wait for it come out in paperback. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost worth buying an iPhone just to read about a superhero accountant, C.B. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know many stupid or unemployed accountants. Or any, for that matter. People are just jealous. They laugh at actuaries, too, but I wish I were smart enough to be an actuary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do enjoy playing around with stereotypes, especially when I am one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, I hear you. I myself am a gold-digger because I married my divorced, mid-level engineer husband after I had lost my job. Obviously, I married him only because I was too lazy to look for a new job and because he, with the ridiculous alimony he agreed to just to divorce his ex, was rolling in dough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sense of humor...and your self-description on your own blog:

    "Gold-digging, bon-bon eating, soap opera watching housewife who lives off her wonderful used husband: Serious Honey, aka The Engineer. He pays the bills and serves as my straight man and doesn't complain about it. I am lucky indeed."

    Perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you the creator/owner of this photo? It's great and I'd love to use it (not for profit).

    Thanks,
    BryGuy

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, the illustration was used to publicize the release of the book. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you point me in the direction of the original source?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just click on the link in red in the post, "Alan the Accountant" and you will be taken to the source I used. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.