Translate

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End-of-Year Stats

I've enjoyed reading the year-end roundups on several book blogs in the last few days but have held off on preparing my own because I had three books nearing completion just as the year was coming to a close. I wasn't sure which, if any, would be finished before 2009, so I held off on a list. As it turns out, I finished all three of them as of last night, so this is how 2008 officially went for me:
Number of Books Read = 143
Fiction = 104
Nonfiction = 39

Novels = 96
Short Story Collections = 8

Memoir = 18
Biography = 6
True Crime = 3
Essay Collections = 3
History = 2
Current Events = 4
Sociology = 3

Written by Men = 89
Written by Women = 52
Co-Authered = 2

Abandoned = 5
Review Copies = 59
Translations = 4
eBooks = 3
Audio Books = 13

Civil War Related = 4
Alternate History = 4
Young Adult Fiction = 4
Re-Reads = 3
Sports Related = 2


By Author Nationality:

British = 9
South African = 1
Australian = 1
Irish = 2
Japanese = 1
Canadian = 6
Algerian = 1
French = 2
American = 120
I need to start planning for next year now although I do have four good books started already that will be carried into 2009. I'm particularly excited about two of them, one already a bestseller and another that won't be published until the end of March 2009. I'm also a bit surprised that even though my total number of books read dropped by 16 when compared to 2007, my two-year total is 302. That is by far the most I've ever read in any two consecutive years and it probably happened because of the effort that I put into this blog. It's no coincidence that the Book Chase will be two years old three weeks from today.

Overall, this was a fun year and I find myself starting the new year with much more enthusiasm and energy than I had at the end of 2007. That's largely, I think, because I've enjoyed meeting so many interesting people (bloggers, authors and fellow readers, alike) and have really enjoyed all the input that I received this year. Thanks to all of you who make this so much fun.

Happy New Year to you all - stay safe tonight. I want to see you next year.
Post a Comment