Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Charles Dickens Auction

It's articles like this one that make me wish I had a spare $150,000 or so to really indulge my love of books and all-things-Dickens:
The Kenyon Starling Library of Charles Dickens is expected to fetch more than $2 million when it is sold at Christie's on April 2.

Among the highlights is "The Uncommercial Traveller" (1861), inscribed by Dickens to novelist George Eliot. Its pre-sale estimate is $100,000 to $150,000. (See photo)

A page from the original manuscript of Dickens' first novel, "Pickwick Papers," containing a comedic scene between Pickwick's valet, Sam Weller, and a gentleman, John Smauker, could sell for $150,000 to $250,000.
Now...where did I hide all the spare cash?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe there's enough in the couch cushions? Niiiiice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a higher class of friends for that to work. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.