Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bits and Pieces Wednesday


Odds and ends on a tired Wednesday:

Thirty minutes of audio from The Kite Runner audio book - a promotional tool offered by the publisher and read by the author

New York Times book review (audio version) including a segment on why it takes so long to publish a book

Oliver Sacks presents Musicophilia (a one hour video presentation from FORA.tv)

From the 2007 National Book Festival, here's J.A. Jance discussing her mystery novels

1986 Margaret Atwood radio interview (with Don Swaim) at just over 30 minutes

What would we do without the internet? It sure beats television...

4 comments:

  1. My cable was out (and therefore my internet was out) for 24 hours a couple of days ago, and I was totally at sea. I did not realize how dependent I am on the internet, for most of my entertainment, news, and connection with the world. It was a little disturbing! But you're so right, it sure beats TV :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that over at your blog, Gentle Reader, and I really felt bad for you. I can easily live without television, going days and days without even setting eyes on one, but an evening without access to the internet drives me nuts.

    What happened to you is exactly why I've been reluctant to link my internet service with our television service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, John. I love listening to old interviews because of the insights I can get from what the authors were thinking when they were working on certain books...while the books were still fresh on their minds. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.