Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2007

My Top 15 Disappointments of 2007

On the other end of the spectrum from the list I posted earlier this morning, these are the biggest disappointments of 2007 for me. The list does not include the 15 books I started and could not force myself to finish in 2007 because I don't think it would be fair to include books that I didn't actually read all the way through. But, even excluding those 15, I have a full list of 15 relative stinkers that I read in 2007. Don't ask me why I read every word of these:
1. Fortunate Son - Walter Mosley

2. The Collectors - David Baldacci

3. The Overnight - Ramsey Campbell

4. The Rope Eater - Ben Jones

5. A Disorder Peculiar to the Country - Ken Kalfus

6. Probable Cause - Theresa Schwegal

7. The Plot Against America - Philip Roth

8. Galatea 2.2 - Richard Powers

9. The Dead Guy Interviews - Michael A. Stusser

10. Hooked - Matt Richtel

11. The Afghan - Frederick Forsyth

12. Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult

13. Until I Find You - John Irving

14. The Big Clock - Kenneth Fearing

15. Bee Season - Myla Goldberg
As in the previous list, not all of these were first published in 2007 but they were part of my reading for the year.
Post a Comment