Saturday, August 04, 2007

Now They Call Me Infidel: Why I Renounced Jihad for America, Israel, and the War on Terror

America is in severe need of a wake up call that will allow it to focus on defeating the Islamist thought process that is a threat to our very way of life. Our politicians and our society have become so dependent on a steady flow of relatively cheap oil that we don’t want to recognize what countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are really doing with all of that American cash. But despite the way that America’s media outlets and universities try to disguise it, more and more people are coming to realize that the Saudi royal family is spending hundreds of million dollars here building mosques and staffing them with some of the most violently radical imams it can find in the Middle East. And those imams are here for only one reason: to preach the very anti-West, anti-American, anti-Semitic hate filled sermons that have brainwashed the youth of their own countries. They seek to take this country, and the West, from within.

It’s easy to discount this kind of warning when it comes from the mouth of a conservative American politician or writer. However, when someone like Egyptian Nonie Darwish in her book Now They Call Me Infidel exposes this well-funded plot to Islamize America, alarm bells should go off everywhere.

Nonie Darwish spent her first 30 years living in Egypt and Gaza. Her father, Mustafa Hafez, was hand-picked by Egypt’s President Nasser in 1955 to launch the Palestinian freedom movement from Gaza. He put together, and operated, a small army of terrorists whose task was to cause as much death and destruction inside Israel as possible. He was ultimately killed by an Israeli explosive delivered to his office, and he is still a hero to Palestinians who have named a street and a school after him. Nonie Darwish was a young girl when her father died but she has vivid memories of those days and of the doubts she already had about the failure of Arab culture to do much more than blame its own shortcomings on everyone but themselves.

Those are her credentials and we should all take her words to heart.

“I soon discovered that rabid anti-American feeling is rampant in the majority of U.S. mosques, where Muslims are encouraged to stand out as mujahadeen in America. In these mosques, America’s generosity was met with demands for more generosity and concessions from people who never lived a day under democracy in their countries of origin.” Page 140

“Those who stay in America should be open to society without melting, keeping Mosques open so anyone can come and learn about Islam. If you choose to live here, you have a responsibility to deliver the message of Islam…Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth.” – Omar Ahmad, cofounder of the Council on American-Islamist Relations (CAIR) as quoted on page 140

“I truly believe that Arab men have been spoiled rotten as children by their parents; they were brought up to think of themselves as the best, of their religion as the best, and their lifestyle the best. When they finally grow up and are confronted with the confidence and competence of Western men they simply cannot stand it. Then the culture of pride, envy, and hate kicks in, and they begin to indulge in the blame game. Rather than examining their own system, culture, or religion, they say it must be colonialism, imperialism, past injustice, Israel’s existence, or a worldwide Zionist conspiracy that has caused their system to fail. Thus deep-seated feelings of inferiority create marching jihadists who have nothing else to aspire to than either claim the West for Islam or destroy it.” – Page 147-148

“Many devout Muslims hold at heart a dream of an Islamic Caliphate, a totalitarian political system encompassing the whole Muslim world – and eventually the entire world –which functions under one constitution (the Koran) and one law, Islamic sharia law. This is not some crazy notion espoused by some lunatic fringe Islamists. Conquering the world for Islam is the stated goal that emanates from powerful, ruling Islamic clerics throughout the Middle East…This is also the goal of many Islamic organizations operating under false pretences in America and financed and supported by radical Muslim states.” – Page 149

“There is nothing America or the non-Muslim West can do that will be met with gratitude and appreciation…To the contrary, good deeds on non-Muslims toward Muslims only deepen their sense of dependency and inferiority in the context of the macho and pride-driven Muslim culture. In the end, the culture of envy and shame always dominates.” – Page 175

America’s Islamic enemies and critics – even those who love living in the United States – are nothing more than pirates…Instead of building their own society as a model of what Islam should be, they leave it in ruins and look to conquer hard-working successful lands. To do to Europe and America what they did to Muslim countries? To ruin them the same way they ruined our own culture? They cannot stand to live in a Muslim culture, and they have their eyes set on beautiful and welcoming democracies, not to blend in, but to rob those democracies of their soul and ruin the value system and culture that made them great.” - Page 185

“Why do I speak out, and what do I say? I try to help Americans face the truth about the terror threat they are up against, help them understand the mind-set of the jihadists who wish to destroy America. I realize there is fire in my heart. I do not deny it. I am angry at my culture. What arrogance and ingratitude. Who gave my people the right to destroy the world in the name of Allah? No religion should advocate that. Who gave my people the right to destroy people of other religions, cultures, and beliefs? Who gave them the right to declare a fatwa of death on Muslim critics who speak out against Islamist tyranny? Some say this is a clash of civilization. The truth is that this is an attack on civilization itself by haters of civilization.” - Page 197

Nonie Darwish is telling us things that we need to comprehend and, because she is an Arab herself, she understands exactly what we are faced with today. She knows that the Arab culture of lies and deceit is the perfect match for our own culture which so highly values freedom of speech and religious tolerance.

She knows that if we lose what is almost destined to become World War III that it will be only because our tolerance proves to be the Achilles heel that keeps us from fighting back before it is too late. She knows that the enemy is already here and that he is being supported by our own oil money returned here by the Saudi royal family and others like them who support the terrorists in our midst.

This book should be required reading at all high schools and universities but there is no chance that will happen while so many universities are openly accepting Saudi cash to build and operate campus “Islamist Study” centers. Will we wake up in time to save ourselves? Only time will tell, and that scares me to death.

Rated at: 4.0

12 comments:

  1. It scares me to death too. What is so awful about this enemy is that they want to destroy all that is good and beautiful about other cultures. The Nazis killed people, and kept the art. The Jihadis want to do away with both.

    It's a different kind of war and the West hasn't got a clue that it's even going on, or how much ground we've already given up. And I think the wars in Iraq and Afganistan show that we don't know how to deal with people who don't play by the rules. If we don't learn fast, we will have to start breaking our own rules to deal with the problem, and that's not something I want to see, though history suggests it's inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review Sam. This book looks absolutely fascinating and I will be getting it from my library as soon as I can fit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, prior to starting Book Chase I had a politically oriented blog in which I exposed as much of this kind of thing as possible. I received one death threat and had to constantly monitor the comments I received to make sure that others were not threatened. I think my blood pressure was as high as it's ever been in my life and I finally decided it was not worth the hassle.

    While working in Algeria I was put on a "hit list" by an Algerian supervisor I caught forcing one of the cleaning staff to have sex with him in my room (under threat that she would lose her job and that most likely her family would suffer greatly as a result).

    So I've seen some of this first hand and it both angers and scares - the fear comes from our stupidity when it comes to dealing with these animals.

    I really don't want to politicize my book blog, but I felt that this book is important and that it needs to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading it, Amy, and please spread the word about the book as much as you can. This book needs to be read by as many Westerners as possible and each of them needs to pass word of it on to their friends and family. So, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at this book; I'll have to give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you'll like it, Annie, because it is as much a biography as a warning to the West. She's an interesting lady and she knows exactly what she's talking about...also a very brave woman for speaking her piece while traveling all over the world, including to Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This scares me to death, too. I've heard Darwish speak in interviews and she always makes sense. I think I'll get the book. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Sam, I appreciate you mentioning the book and the issue here. I've toyed with the idea of starting a blog on the topic but, as your experience suggests, I suspect it would not be good for my health. But I try to sneak in mentions of it wherever I can. I'm sure every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me know what you think of it, Gentle Reader, and, please, if you find it worthwhile, spread the word about the book and its message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sylvia, the flack I was taking when I had the political blog really became so stressful that I found myself in a bad mood all the time. The exposure I got to some very "nutty" people just about depressed me into thinking that this country doesn't stand a chance to survive the attack that we are suffering at present. I've come to be much more positive that we will win this battle since taking a breather from politics and focusing in on the good news that is out there. Unfortunately, it's the nuts who get all the media coverage because our media is willing to lose the fight in order to destroy the present administration. But the good news is there and it's important to spread the word, so thanks for doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam, another good book on this issue is "Infidel," by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

    I'm going to look for the Darwish book at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to order it from my library...and I hope that you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.