Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Happy 200th Birthday to Mr. Dickens

Happy 200th birthday to Charles Dickens. I posted this little BBC biography a couple of years ago and was pleased to see that it is still available.  Take a look... the whole life of Charles Dickens told in just over four minutes.

 I haven't read any Dickens in several months but this is making me want to pull another one off the shelves.    Enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I haven't seen it before and since I had posted a birthday posting for Dickens, I was drawn to yours. It is so good that I just had to share it on Twitter and Facebook, using your icons at the end of your post, thus giving you credit for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing a lot about Bleak House today and thinking that is the next Dickens I will read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, I'm happy that you enjoyed the clip and appreciate you passing it onward. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing what you can tell about a life in just 4 1/2 minutes, isn't it, Sherry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bleak House is a great book - and a challenge, Kathleen. Let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nik, I'm happy to see that you enjoyed it. I remembered using it two years ago for another reason and just had to find it again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you. Please feel free to comment on any post, no matter how old it is. I'll try to keep up.