A nineteen-year-old book blog offering book reviews and news about authors, publishers, bookstores, and libraries.
▼
Monday, May 11, 2009
Something to Make You Smile
If this doesn't get your toe to tapping, you're hopelessly depressed. Jackie Wilson was one of the great ones and this is a clever video. I've watched it half a dozen times and still get a kick out of it.
That is awesome! I greatly winced at the SPLITS part [Ouch!]. There was a day when I could have.... no, wait a minute, there NEVER was a day I could have done that without being hospitalized! Definitely toe-tapping. I love the sharp "shots" of the horns....
Glad you enjoyed that one as much as I did, Cip. Jackie Wilson was an amazing singer and had a really long career but I will always remember him best for his hit single "Lonely Teardrops." I just about wore out a 45 recording of that one.
Sadly, the guy collapsed and died on stage a few years ago.
THE PROBLEM WITH COMMENTS SEEMED TO HIT A PEAK ON SEPTEMBER 4. THERE WERE MULTIPLE REPORTS FROM ALL OVER, AND GOOGLE FINALLY PAID ATTENTION TO THE PROBLEM, SO FOR NOW, AT LEAST, IT'S PROBLEM SOLVED.
That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI greatly winced at the SPLITS part [Ouch!]. There was a day when I could have.... no, wait a minute, there NEVER was a day I could have done that without being hospitalized!
Definitely toe-tapping.
I love the sharp "shots" of the horns....
Glad you enjoyed that one as much as I did, Cip. Jackie Wilson was an amazing singer and had a really long career but I will always remember him best for his hit single "Lonely Teardrops." I just about wore out a 45 recording of that one.
ReplyDeleteSadly, the guy collapsed and died on stage a few years ago.