Saturday, December 05, 2015

Movies for Readers: To Kill a Mockingbird



I recently had the chance to watch To Kill a Mockingbird for the first time in at least 25 years and the experience turned out to be exactly what I needed to remind me of just how good this Harper Lee novel is.  I think I was in danger of letting my love of Mockingbird be tainted by my less than favorable reaction to Go Set a Watchman, the Harper Lee novel that was finally (and in my opinion, mistakenly) published this year.   My feelings about Watchman were, I think, causing me to second guess my assessment of Lee's skills.

To Kill a Mockingbird is relatively easy to find on DVD and it seems to be in fairly regular rotation on the Turner Classic Movies channel.  This movie trailer is a good reminder that both the book and the film deserve their "classic" status.

Movies for Readers No. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.