Friday, July 03, 2015

When My Father Died It Was Like a Whole Library Had Burned Down

I really like this entry into Denmark's Sculpture by the Sea competition by Swedish artist Susana Hesselberg - even though I still can't figure out how it was installed.  But that hardly matters.  

The title of the piece is "When My Father Died It Was Like a Whole Library Had Burned Down," and it consists of a mine-shaft-like library that appears to be sinking deep into the earth.

I'm going to snatch one picture from the site that I saw this on just to give you a feel for what it must be like to stand over this brilliant piece of art and look down into it:



Now you need to put the piece into perspective in order to appreciate its awesomeness, so go here for the rest of the story:

Click Here to go to Colossal

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.