Saturday, November 01, 2014

Olive Kitteridge - HBO Movie Trailer

This is one of those times that I wish I had access to HBO, but I already have ready access to so many movies that I can't see the point of signing up for another service (once an accountant, always an accountant, I guess.)  But the fact that HBO's Olive Kitteridge begins on Sunday night has me tempted, no doubt about it.

This Elizabeth Strout novel won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2009 and it is one of my favorite 2008 books.  And now the four-part mini-series is starring two of my favorite actors: Frances McDormand and Bill Murray.  I have to stop right here or I'm going to talk myself into an HBO subscription instead of waiting for the series to show up on Amazon Prime in a year or two.

So, take a look at this brilliant trailer and reflect on how lucky you were not to have had a junior high school math teacher like Olive Kitteridge...now I'm off to find my copy of the novel.  I know its here somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.