Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Traveling McCourys, Rhonda Vincent & the Rage, and The Gibson Brothers

I have a lot to do before I leave for Farmers Branch (near Dallas) in the morning for a really great two-day bluegrass music festival, but I want to give a little taste of the kind of music I will be enjoying up there.

This first group calls themselves The Traveling McCourys because they are essentially Del McCoury's band, and two of the members - including lead vocalist Ronnie McCoury - are his sons.  In this video the guys are performing one of my favorite Del McCoury songs, "A Deeper Shade of Blue."  Ronnie sounds so much like his father that it's kind of eerie, sometimes.





Even Rhonda Vincent, the Queen of Bluegrass, is on the bill.  Here's Rhonda and the Rage performing one of her signature songs, "All American Bluegrass Girl."




And, finally, here's a taste of The Gibson Brothers with "Walkin' West to Memphis."



I have some light packing to do and need to charge all kinds of batteries for my sound recorder, video camera, and two still cameras. The weather should be great, with lots of sunshine and relatively cool temperatures.  I. Cannot. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.